Run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool anytime in Vista
- 1 Comment
The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool checks computers running Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000, and Windows Server 2003 for infections by specific, prevalent malicious software?including Conflicker, Blaster, Sasser, and Mydoom?and helps remove any infection found. When the detection and removal process is complete, the tool displays a report describing the outcome, including which, if any, malicious software was detected and removed.
Microsoft releases a new version of the tool on the second Tuesday of every month, and as needed to respond to security incidents, and will run automatically, But you can run it when ever you want by following the steps below.
- Right click an empty space on your Desktop and choose New Shortcut.
- Type MTR in the location field. For Malicious Removal Tool. Click Next.
- Name your new shortcut. Click Finish
- Double Click the MRT icon to start the tool. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- Click Next or you can view a list of malicious software the tool removes.
- Choose the type of scan you want, I recommend the full scan. Click Next.
- Now just wait for the scan to finish. Could take a few minutes to a few hours depending on the speed of your computer and the number of files to scan.
- After the scan finishes you will see if it found any infections, luckily I’m clean.
- As you can see above this tool is not a replacement for anti-virus software, but if you don’t have any installed and believe me I see many computers that don’t this tool will help you out.
Thanks for visiting.
Please visit our new site at The3List Why Do Bad Things Happen In 3"s.RELATED POSTS: