Vista Service Pack 2 Beta Now Available for Download
- 0 Comments
Windows Vista SP2 Beta is now available for public download from the Microsoft download center. Keep in mind this is a Beta service pack and may cause instabilities in your system. Also you must have SP1 installed first.
If you’re willing to give it a try I would make sure you have a good backup in place first. You will also have to uninstall this beta version when the finished version ships in or around April.
I have been running it for a few weeks now and it seems to be pretty stable so far.
Here are some of the improvements listed.
- Adds support for the 64-bit central processing unit (CPU) from VIA Technologies, which adds the ID and vendor strings for the new VIA 64-bit CPU.
- Integrates the Windows Vista Feature Pack for Wireless, which contains support for Bluetooth v2.1. Bluetooth v2.1 is the most recent specification for Bluetooth wireless technology and Windows Connect Now (WCN) Wi-Fi Configuration.
- Improves performance for Wi-Fi connection after resuming from sleep mode.
- Adds new capabilities to Direct X Graphic display reliability. The graphics experience has been greatly improved for users, such as gamers, running applications that require a lot of graphics processing.
- Includes updates to the RSS feeds sidebar with improved performance and responsiveness.
- Improves audio and video performance for streaming high definition content.
- Includes ability to record data to Blu-Ray media.
- Windows Search 4.0 builds on Microsoft?s search technology with improved indexing and search relevance. It also helps find and preview documents, e-mail messages, music files, photos, and other items on the computer
Please visit our new site at The3List Why Do Bad Things Happen In 3"s.RELATED POSTS: