Some Basic Windows Tips
- 1 Comment
Here are a few basic tips for Windows users, some you may know others maybe a surprise. Lets dive right in.
1. Instead of dragging your mouse across a word to select it you can double click it in any document, Email or web page to highlight it, then you can cut, copy or do a search on it. Triple clicking will highlight the whole paragraph.
2. To enlarge the text on any Web page, press Ctrl and the plus or minus keys. You can also press the Ctrl key and use the scroll wheel on your mouse.
3. You don’t have to type “http://www.” into your web browser. Just type the name, like vistarevisited.com or Google.com for example.
4. You can press the Space bar to scroll down a Web page one screen at a time. And press the Shift key + the Space bar to scroll back up.
5. When using your web browser pressing the F11 key will give you the full screen browsing.
6. To search a website for a certain word or phrase press Ctrl + F to open the find dialog box.
7. You can open the Start menu by pressing the key with the Windows logo on it.
8. To quickly get to your desktop press the Windows key + D
9. To quickly undo mistakes in many Windows programs press the Ctrl key + Z
10. Switch from one open program to the next by pressing Alt+Tab keys.
11. When you’re filling in text boxes on a Web page (like City, State, Zip), press the Tab key to jump from box to box, And press the Shift key + the Tab key to go backwards through the boxes.
Lets keep it going and add your own in the comments.
Please visit our new site at The3List Why Do Bad Things Happen In 3"s.RELATED POSTS: