How to Bulk Rename Files in Vista
- 5 Comment
When you have many files to rename it can be a pain in the butt to right click each one and choose rename, this happens mostly with your digital pictures you download from your camera. You end up with a folder of pictures all named something like IMG_0001, IMG_0002 or DSC_0001 depending on your camera, Here’s a way to quickly rename those files to something more descriptive.
To bulk rename a group of files:
- Open My Computer or an Explorer window and navigate to the folder of choice and open it.
- Hold down the CTRL key and click the individual files you want or hold down the SHIFT key to select a group of files.
- Once you have all the files selected, right click the first one and choose Rename and the file names will be highlighted, add a descriptive name a press enter.
- So instead of a bunch of pictures named IM1234 you can have them named whatever you want.
If you want each picture to have a different name and still quickly rename them, use the TAB key.
- Select the first file in a group, right click it an choose Rename.
- Rename the file to what you want then press the TAB key, the next file in the group will then be highlighted and you can change the name without right clicking and choosing rename.
Thats all there is to it.
Please visit our new site at The3List Why Do Bad Things Happen In 3"s.RELATED POSTS: