Create a Desktop Shortcut to Switch Users in Vista
- 5 Comment
If you have 2 or more user accounts setup on your computer here’s a quick way to create a shortcut on you desktop to switch users with 1 click of your mouse. This tip applies to Vista Ultimate only. For Vista Basic and Home premium scroll to the end for a work around.
1. Click an empty spot on your desktop and choose New > Shortcut.
2. In the next dialog box type in C:WindowsSystem32tsdiscon.exe and click next.
3. Give your new shortcut a name. I used Switch User. Then click finish.
4. Now if you want you can change the default icon to something else.
5. Right click your new icon and choose Properties, under the shortcut tab choose Change Icon.
6. Choose the Icon you like bet and click Ok twice.
Now when you want to switch users just click you’re new shortcut and you’ll be sent to the Logon screen.
For Vista Basic and Home Premium Users:
I added the file you need to? Drop.io
Download the file to your C:\Windows\System32 folder.
1. Navigate to C:\Windows\System32\tsdiscon.exe in a Windows Explorer window.
3? You can close your explorer window.
4. Right click on the new shortcut on the desktop and click Rename.
5. Type Switch User and press Enter. ( you can name it anything you want)
6. Right click on the Switch User shortcut on the desktop and click
7. Click on the Shortcut tab, then click on the Change Icon button and choose your favorite.
Copyright ? VistaRevisited.com. All Rights Reserved.
Please visit our new site at The3List Why Do Bad Things Happen In 3"s.RELATED POSTS: