Create a Desktop Shortcut to Eject your CD/DVD Disk
- 0 Comments
Wouldn’t it be nice to click an icon on your desktop to open you CD/DVD tray instead or reaching all the way to the eject button on your computer. Well here’s a way to do just that.
- Download the NirCmd utility from Nirsoft.
- Extract nircmd.exe to a folder of your choice, I choose my user folder.
- Right click an empty spot on your desktop and choose New > Shortcut.
- In the location bar type in the path to NirCmd then add the command cdrom open to the end and add the drive letter to your CD/DVD drive. like below.“C:userKevinnircmd.exe” cdrom open F:
- Click Next.
- Type in a name for your shortcut. Like Eject DVD and click finish.
- If you get a warning about the publisher could not be verified you will need to remove the check mark next to Always ask before opening this file. Its one of those Vista things.
To close your CDDVD tray follow the same steps but instead of cdrom open use cdrom close
If you want to change the look of the icon, right click it and choose Properties then Change icon. choose your favorite then click Ok twice.
The Nircmd command will do many thing beside opening and closing your CDDVD tray checkout their website for more commands.
Copyright ? VistaRevisited.com. All Rights Reserved.
Please visit our new site at The3List Why Do Bad Things Happen In 3"s.RELATED POSTS: