Assign a Drive Letter to your USB Device
- 4 Comment
With all the USB hard drives and Thumb drives now on the market I’m sure you have a few that you are connecting to your computer, and each time you connect them they may get a different drive letter depending on the order in which you connect them. Now if you are using any Automated software for your Backups and a drive letter changes, well your going to have a problem.
The best way to handle this is to assign a drive letter to each drive manually then every time you connect the device it will have the same drive letter. Here’s how.
- Right click the Computer Icon on your Desktop and choose Manage.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- In the Computer Management Console under Storage click Disk Management.
- Plug in your SUB drives and they will show up in the console.
- Right click the drive you want to change and choose change drive letter and path.
- Click change.
- Use the drop down box to choose another letter and click Ok
- Confirm any warnings and you’re all set.
Copyright ? VistaRevisited.com. All Rights Reserved.
Please visit our new site at The3List Why Do Bad Things Happen In 3"s.RELATED POSTS: