How To Remove The Shortcut Text From Icons On Your Vista Desktop
- 0 Comments
As you are probably aware of, whenever you create a shortcut on your desktop the word “shortcut” is always included in the name, then you need to go thru an extra step to rename the icon. Here’s a way to prevent the “shortcut” from appearing in the name.
This tip requires a registry edit so be sure to create a Restore Point before continuing.
- Click the Start Orb and type Regedit in the search box.
- Click Regedit.exe at the top of the search results under programs.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- Navigate to the following key.
- When you click the Explorer key and look in the right hand pane, double click the entry Link and change the value data to 000 00 00 00 then click Ok.
- Exit the Registry editor, log off then log back in.
(Note) This tip works only for shortcuts created after the Fix, You still need to rename the existing ones.
Copyright ? VistaRevisited.com. All Rights Reserved.
Please visit our new site at The3List Why Do Bad Things Happen In 3"s.RELATED POSTS: