Create A Logon Message In Vista
- 0 Comments
A lot of businesses create custom logon messages for their employees computers, here’s a way for you to do the same thing. When you complete this tip and reboot you will be presented with the logon message of your choose.
If you have vista Ultimate.
- Click Start, All Programs, Administrative Tools and Local Security Policy.
- Expand Local Policies then Security options.
- In the details pane double click Interactive logon: Message text for users attempting to log on.
- Type in the message you want to appear, then click Ok.
If you have Vista Home or Home Premium.
These two flavors of Vista don’t include the Group policy editor so you will need to edit the Registry. First create a restore point, because editing the Registry can be dangerous. With the restore point created open the Registry Editor.
- Click on the Start Orb and type Regedit in the Search Bar.
- Click Regedit at the top of the search results under programs.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- Navigate to the following key.
- Double Click legalnoticecaption This will be the title for your message. Type in a title and click OK.
- Double Click legalnoticetext. This will be the actual message. Type in a message and click Ok.
- Close the registry editor and restart your computer to see your new logon message.
Please visit our new site at The3List Why Do Bad Things Happen In 3"s.RELATED POSTS: