Disable Vista’s Autotuning To Improve Wireless Connectivity
- 2 Comment
If you are having problems with your wireless networking you maybe trying to connect to an older router or Wireless Access Point (WAP) that is not compatible with Vista’s Auto tuning feature many public hotspots also have this problem. Here’s how to disable it.
- Click the Start Orb an type ” Command ” into the Search box.
- Right click Command prompt under Programs and choose Run as administrator.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- Type the following command into the command prompt, then press enter:
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled
- Close the command prompt by typing exit and pressing enter. Your wireless network connectivity should return to normal.
If you find that doesn’t fix your problem or you just want to enable it again just follow the above steps and when you get to the command window type in the following then press enter.
netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
Close the command prompt by typing exit and pressing enter.
Copyright ? VistaRevisited.com. All Rights Reserved.
Please visit our new site at The3List Why Do Bad Things Happen In 3"s.RELATED POSTS: