Speed Up Game Performance By Clean Booting Your Computer
- 0 Comments
When you start your computer using a regular startup, many programs start automatically and run the background. Sometimes quite a few. These programs may include third-party antivirus programs and system utility programs. These programs may interfere and slow down your performance when you install, run, or use a game or program such as Microsoft Flight Simulator, Microsoft Halo 2 for Windows Vista or Microsoft Streets and Trips.
When this occurs, you can use a clean boot procedure to prevent these programs and utilities from starting automatically. You must be logged on as an administrator to perform a clean boot procedure. If the computer is connected to a network, the network policy settings may prevent you from completing the clean boot procedure.
When you use a clean boot procedure to start your computer, Microsoft Windows only starts basic devices and services it needs. So lets get started and speed up your gaming performance. This tip will also speed up some programs for Video or Picture editing or anything that requires a lot of system resources.
(Note You may experience a temporary loss of some services functionality when you follow these steps. When you restore the settings, the functionality will be restored.)
1. Click StartStart Orb, type msconfig in the Start Search box.
2. Click Msconfig at the top of search results.
3. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
4. Click on the General tab, click Selective Startup.
5. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
6. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All. I have a fairly clean install but you may notice many more in your setup.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
You should notice a marked speed improvement in your gaming. If for some reason you experience problems, go back into the services tab and one by one turn things back on.
Please visit our new site at The3List Why Do Bad Things Happen In 3"s.RELATED POSTS: