XYplorer A Great File Manager Alternative To Windows Explorer In Vista
- 2 Comment
One of the reasons I haven’t adopted Vista full time yet is its god awful file new manager Windows Explorer. Well let me tell you I found a great new file manager called XYplorer it has a 30 day trial and costs $25.00 and is worth every penny. Give it a try.
XYplorer [eks-wai-plorer] is a multi-tabbed file manager for Windows (98, NT, ME, 2000, XP, XP x64, 2003, Vista, Vista x64) targeting everybody who is looking for a real alternative to Explorer. Let’s focus on a number of XYplorer’s usability and efficiency highlights many of which no other file manager has to offer.
Usability and efficiency highlights
1. Tabbed Browsing: Have an unlimited number of tabs to make jumping around between folders a one click affair. Rename the tabs, drag-shift them around, hide them, lock them, drag-n-drop stuff onto the tab headers… the tabs remember their configuration individually and between sessions.
2. Searches in Tabs: You often search your system for files added in the last 24 hours? You quickly need a list of all text files containing your name? Let a “finding tab” do this or any other search job at a single click!
3. The Address Bar accepts not just folders, but also files, URLs, and search terms. Yes, you can enter search patterns directly into the Address Bar. Simply put “?” between location and search pattern (Boolean operators and Regular Expressions allowed).
4 & 5. The Tree and List offer a suite of unique highlighting options to increase visual grip. Highlight Folder, Boxed Branch, Favorite Folder Bold, Highlight Focused Row, Highlight Sorted Column, Colored Grid, … all colors are fully customizable. And then there’s wildcard-configurable Color Coding for list items. Color code your files and folders now!
6. Catalog: Your favorite locations reside deep down in some heavily nested structures? Lift them to the surface! Your current project forces you to repeatedly ride from one end of your hard disk (or LAN) to the other? Join them within the flat hierarchy of a Catalog Category, and reduce their mutual distance to 18 pixels! Which means you got an easy one-click access to your most commonly used folders while maintaining a synchronized tree view! By the way, you can also drop stuff onto the Catalog’s items: file management cannot get any cooler!
7. Info Panel: The hideable tabbed panel at the bottom provides quick access to information (file properties and previews) and action (Find Files, Reports).
If you need a fast and friendly image browser, sound browser, or video browser, it’s here: Instant, one-click preview of image (incl. PNG, JPEG, GIF, TIFF, TGA, ICO and many more, using high-quality resampling for shrinking/zooming), audio (incl. WAV, MP3, OGG, APE, etc.), and video (MPG, AVI, MOV, QT, VOB, TS, WMV, etc. … not to forget FLV/YouTube) files, with display of detailed media information.
8. Find Files: XYplorer is a file manager featuring a high-end search engine with tremendous power and amazing speed. It fully supports Boolean logic (256 levels nesting depth!), advanced pattern matching, Regular Expressions, whole word and fuzzy matching, content search (i.e. text strings inside files), multiple location search, and much more.
If you like this post then consider subscribing to our full RSS feed.
You can also subscribe by Email and have posts sent directly to your inbox.
Copyright ? VistaRevisited.com. All Rights Reserved.
Please visit our new site at The3List Why Do Bad Things Happen In 3"s.RELATED POSTS: