Aug 3 2007

Reset A Lost Vista Login Password

Part 2 Click here for part 1,how to create a reset disk

So, now that you have your newly created Password Reset Disk here’s what to do if you forget your password.

1. In the Windows Vista logon window, click Reset Password.

2. Put the Password Reset media in the applicable media drive, and then click Next in the Reset Password Wizard.

3. In the The password key disk is in the following drive list, click the drive in which the password reset disk is located, and then click Next.

4. In the Type a new password box, type the new password that you want to use for the user account.

5. In the Type the password again to confirm box, type the password again.

6. In the Type a new password hint box, type a hint that will remind you of the password if you forget it.

7. Click Next, and then click Finish.

8. Use the new password to log on to Windows Vista.

Update 8-16-07

If you don’t have a reset disk you will need a password cracking program, read here for How to Crack a Windows Password

Update 1-15-08 For everyone needing to Crack your password Check out Offline NT Password Editor. Below

Crack Windows Passwords with Offline NT Password Editor

Copyright ? VistaRevisited.com. All Rights Reserved.

Related Posts:

Please visit our new site at BattlePlanTechnologies.com/blog See ya there.

RELATED POSTS:
  • Create A Vista Password Reset Disk
  • Top 20 Visited Posts for the Month of January 2008
  • Cracking Windows Passwords
  • How to Change or Add a User Password in Vista
  • Crack Windows Passwords with Offline NT Password Editor
  • TAGS:

8 Comments on this post

Trackbacks

1. Top 20 Visited Posts for the Month of January 2008 | Vista Revisited wrote:

[...] Windows Vista (132) Similar PostsReset A Lost Vista Login Password [...]

May 11th, 2008 at 10:25 am
    1. kevin said:

You can reset A Lost Vista Login Password easily with windows password key 8.0. It is very easy to create a
      recovery disk that you can use on any Windows PC. It works perfectly to reset any local user account to a blank password. Just an easy to use bootable CD/DVD . It can also be used on a USB Flash Drive. http://www.lostwindowspassword.com/

December 7th, 2009 at 3:31 am
    2. puck said:

Forgot windows vista password,do not be so anxious. I know a tool which can help reset windows vista password, need no to reinstall the windows os, its safely and easily.By using “Any Windows Password Recovery 3.0 ” ,could be helpful.

The link to windows password recovery soft:

January 19th, 2010 at 3:46 am
    3. rcmichelle said:

Last time I forgot my password and tried everything i could do but failed, until I found this great tool Windows Password Software. It works great, and you can google it.you can try to google it.

October 21st, 2010 at 4:42 am
    4. Dave said:

Last month , I lost my windows vista administrator password. I solved my problem with the help of Reset Windows Password utility. It not only supports Windows Vista , I have personally tested it with Windows 7 . It worked perfectly to reset any local user account to a blank password. Just an easy to use bootable CD/DVD . It can also be used on a USB Flash Drive. You can download it from: http://www.top-password.com/reset-windows-password.html

June 20th, 2012 at 11:14 am
    5. password generator download said:

I know this if οff topiс but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is required to get set up? I’m assuming having a
      blog like yours would cοst а pretty pennу?
      I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100% sure. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

April 4th, 2013 at 10:04 am
    6. home safety evaluation checklist for children said:

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d certainly donate to this brilliant blog! I suppose for now i’ll settle for
      book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my Google account.
      I look forward to fresh updates and will share this site with my Facebook group.

Talk soon!

May 7th, 2013 at 3:09 am
    7. free psn said:

Hi there, this weekend is pleasant in favor of me, as this occasion i am reading this great educational piece of writing here at my house.

July 8th, 2013 at 7:45 pm